player. When hes ready to be there, hell be there. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 27 '16
PHILADELPHIA - Criticism is nothing new for Mark Sanchez, so he easily brushes it aside. Brandon Carr Cowboys Jersey .After Seattle beat the Philadelphia Eagles 24-14 last week, Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett said Sanchez is impersonating a good quarterback. Sanchez has more important matters to focus on with a first-place showdown against the Cowboys coming up Sunday night.I guess he doesnt like me. No biggie, Sanchez said with a shrug. We just worry about the opinion in our locker room. Were poised and ready to go against Dallas.Sanchez is 3-2 as a starter since replacing Nick Foles after he broke his collarbone on Nov. 2. He was excellent in wins at Houston, at Dallas and over Carolina. But he struggled in losses at Green Bay and against Seattle.When he plays well, fickle fans want Sanchez to get a contract extension and lead the team into the future. When he throws interceptions, they want him gone. Foles is moving closer toward a return, but its uncertain how coach Chip Kelly will handle it.A victory over the Cowboys (9-4) would put the Eagles (9-4) on the brink of winning their second straight NFC East title. Theyd have a tough time making the playoffs if they lose to Dallas.Sanchezs future could depend on how he performs this week. Hes played plenty of big games before and knows how to handle the pressure. Sanchez led the New York Jets to AFC championship games his first two seasons, but ended up being laughed out of the Big Apple.You dont change, he said about the way he handles important games. You trust your preparation and trust your system and take your training onto the field.When the game is on the line, Sanchez would rather be under centre than watching the defence try to clinch a win.You have to want the ball with a few seconds left and fourth down, he said.Sanchez has thrown for 1,500 yards, 10 touchdowns and seven interceptions while completing 62.1 per cent of his passes for a passer rating of 88. Foles didnt come close to matching his Pro Bowl performance last year. He had an 81.4 passer rating after finishing at 119.2 in 2013, the third-best in NFL history.With Foles, the Eagles had more big plays and completed more deep passes. Sanchez hasnt thrown the long ball nearly as often. While critics point to his arm strength, coaches say theres more to it such as defensive coverages.There are times when we call a deep-to-short concept where they cover it deep so you throw it shorter, offensive co-ordinator Pat Shurmur said. I assure you we are calling the same types of plays with Mark that we did with Nick. If we want to just throw the ball far, we can do that.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.organd AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP_RobMaaddi J.J. Wilcox Jersey .com) - Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies withstood 18 Dallas 3-pointers, as Memphis took control in the third quarter and fended off a Mavericks rally en route to a 114-105 win in a Southwest Division showdown. Daryl Johnston Jersey .com) - The Memphis Grizzlies will try to close out a four-game homestand on a high note when they entertain the Charlotte Hornets Friday night at FedExForum.MIAMI -- With the addition of third baseman Casey McGehee, the Miami Marlins have replaced half of their punchless 2013 lineup. McGehee, a five-year major league veteran who played in Japan last season, agreed to a $1.1 million, one-year contract Wednesday. Miami earlier acquired catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia, first baseman Garrett Jones and second baseman Rafael Furcal to shake up an offence that ranked last in the majors in runs and batting average. "We needed to get more production offensively," president of baseball operations Mike Hill said. "We still have some work to do, but were very comfortable with the progress weve made this off-season." Miami designated 2008 first-round pick Kyle Skipworth for assignment. The catcher went hitless in three at-bats during a brief stint with the Marlins in his major league debut this year. Marlins third basemen totalled three homers and 44 RBIs in 2013, worst in the majors in both categories. McGehee hit .292 with 28 homers in Japan last season. "It was a great learning experience for me," he said. "I had to rely on myself a lot more as far as what I was doing at the plate. I started to realize the home runs showed up more when that wasnt the sole purpose of my at-bat. Chuck Howley Cowboys Jersey. And being humbled a little bit having to go over to Japan -- all those things combined, I re-found my confidence. Now Im excited about coming back and jump-starting my career over here." McGehees stint at third base for the Marlins might be brief. They took University of North Carolina third baseman Colin Moran with the sixth overall pick in the amateur draft, and hes expected to eventually take over the job. "Moran definitely had an influence in our decision-making process," Hill said. "We invested a lot in him. We didnt want to rush him, but theres nothing we have seen that leads us not to believe hes going to be a productive player. When hes ready to be there, hell be there." In the meantime, the Marlins will count on the 31-year-old McGehee, who has an average of .257 in five big league seasons. He played for the Pirates and Yankees in 2012 and batted .217 with nine homers in 114 games. The Marlins will be his fifth major league team. In addition to his base salary, he can earn $400,000 in performance bonuses: $50,000 each for 300, 350, 400, 450, 500, 525, 550 and 575 plate appearances. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors
Jobs from Indeed

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this