I signed schoolboy forms. Im proud | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 14 '16
CHARLOTTE - With his role on a new team in flux, Raptors back-up point guard D. http:///...A-EURO-Italy-Jersey/ .J. Augustin is in the middle of a nostalgic week. Just four games into his Raptors career, Augustin returned to Charlotte - a city in which he played and lived for four years - on Wednesday and will make his first return to Indiana two days later. "Its different," Augustin said of his emotions, sitting in the visitors locker room at Charlottes Time Warner Cable Arena moments before Wednesday nights game. "Its a different feeling being on this side of the locker room but thats how life is, you have different experiences, you change, [experience] different changes in your career and thats where Im at now." "[Its] familiar territory. I lived [in Charlotte] for four years. The team drafted me, gave me a chance in the NBA so its real special, always to come back is a great feeling." The sixth year guard signed a one-year deal with Toronto during the summer after spending last season with the Pacers and the four prior as a Bobcat. Charlotte and Indiana are the only NBA homes Augustin had ever known. Coming off his worst statistical season with the Pacers, Augustin is still trying to find a comfort level in his new home. The back-up point guard has already experienced ups and downs in his short time with the Raptors. After a disappointing preseason, the veteran was given first crack at the gig, spelling Kyle Lowry off the bench, based on his experience over rookie Dwight Buycks and the recently signed Julyan Stone. Averaging 2.8 points and 1.4 assists, playing just under 12 minutes as reserve in Torontos first five games, Augustin has shown glimpses of the player he once was in Charlotte. Most concerning, he has been inconsistent, occasionally erratic at the point of attack and has struggled with his jump shot - one of his strengths as a player - shooting just 24 per cent from the field and missing all seven of his three-point attempts. "[Im] still trying to get comfortable," Augustin admitted. "Weve got a lot of games to go. [Im] still trying to get comfortable [and] get in a rhythm but once it comes I think well all be clicking." "Hes just finding his rhythm," Dwane Casey echoed. "I think hes trying to be a good teammate now, trying to find his teammates and move the ball. I think that may be taking away from his shooting a bit." "Hes done a solid job," his new coach continued. "You always want more but hes done a solid job for what we need." In the first of his two homecomings, Augustin played just six first half minutes against the Bobcats Wednesday, missing his only field goal but connecting on his three free throw attempts. Searching for answers at the position, Casey opted to go with Stone off the bench in the second half as Augustin watched his new team drop a disappointing and controversial game to his old one. Drafted ninth overall by Charlotte in 2008, Augustin experienced his greatest personal success on mostly terrible Bobcats teams during his four-year tenure. With the Bobcats, Augustin averaged 10.9 points and 4.4 assists, shooting 37 per cent from long range and starting in 142 of 282 games. He is still trying to get back to that level. "This is my sixth year in the NBA, I know its a long season," he acknowledged. "Youve got to take care of your body and do the little things to help you play better on the court." On Friday he will make his first return to Indiana to face the undefeated Pacers, where both he and his team have something to prove. http:///...A-EURO-Italy-Jersey/ .B. -- Christophe Boivin forced extra time then scored again in a shootout to lift the Acadie-Bathurst Titan to a 4-3 win over the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies in the lone Quebec Major Junior Hockey League game Thursday. Custom Italy Soccer Jersey . Puig hit a three-run homer and threw out a runner at second base, leading Los Angeles over the Arizona Diamondbacks 4-1 Sunday.MANCHESTER, England -- Ryan Giggs is starting his stint as interim Manchester United manager by urging his players to entertain the fans who have endured a miserable season. The 40-year-old midfielder was put in charge on Tuesday when David Moyes reign ended after 10 months with the defending champions in seventh place in the English Premier League. Speaking publicly for the first time since his temporary appointment, Giggs provided an insight into what he has told the squad about Saturdays match against Norwich at Old Trafford. "I trust you and I know what youre capable of, and go out there and show it on Saturday, and give the fans something to shout about," Giggs said on Friday. "Entertain them, score goals, make tackles, play with speed, play with tempo." Giggs is expected to manage the team for only the remaining four matches of the season before a more experienced successor to Moyes is appointed. "It has been a difficult week for the club and its been a bit of a whirlwind week for me but one Ive enjoyed," Giggs said. "It has been different, chaotic, and Ive been getting a little taste as its my fourth day in the job." Giggs came through the youth ranks at Old Trafford and was part of the famed "Class of 92" youth team that helped contribute to so much of the clubs success under Alex Ferguson, who retired last year after more than 26 years in charge. "Ive had to take a bit of stick (ffrom the players)," Giggs said. http:///...A-EURO-Italy-Jersey/. "Things like, Where are you going to park? What do we call you? "The players have been great and the reaction in training has been sharp. Ive just tried to make things relaxed and for everyone to enjoy themselves ... lets have a good end to what has been a frustrating and disappointing season." The clubs most decorated player, who has made 962 appearances, is still in the squad and could pick himself to play against Norwich. "Ive just given myself a five-year contract," Giggs joked. "I havent done much this week but am still involved as a player as well." Giggs is being assisted by former teammates Phil Neville, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes as he tries to stabilize a team in turmoil. "Its the proudest moment of my life," Giggs said. "Ive supported Manchester United all my life. Its been the biggest part of my life since I was 14, when I signed schoolboy forms. Im proud, happy, a little bit nervous but just like I am as a player, I cant wait for the game on Saturday." Moyes can now prepare for the future after finally agreeing on his severance package with United on Friday. "Terms of settlement have been agreed between the club and David Moyes in respect of the termination of his employment," the League Managers Association said in a statement. "A settlement agreement is in the process of being finalized." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors
Jobs from Indeed

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this