Hartley missed two field goals in Sundays | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 14 '16
Drew Willy had the Winnipeg Blue Bombers out to a blazing start. Nike Roshe Run Homme . The rebuilt team had the highest scoring offence through the first three weeks of the season, and an undefeated record to boot. Now, following a near-abysmal Week 4 offensive performance in their first loss of the season, Winnipegs first-year starting quarterback is placing the blame squarely upon his own shoulders. "I think anytime you have only three points, its one of those things that you take it personally as the quarterback," said Willy as he prepared for Fridays matchup in Vancouver against the 2-2 B.C. Lions. "Thats your job. Your job is to always take — no matter what happens out there it should really always be on you. We each had our part in it, but I mean, its definitely one of those things where its my job to make sure were productive and make sure we get going as an offence. Taking responsibility is not a huge thing for me. I always tried to do that in my past." The Bombers were held to just 209 yards of net offence in their 26-3 loss at home to the Edmonton Eskimos. After studying the game film, Willy feels he could have been a touch more patient on some plays. "There were definitely times I wish I would have stayed on a few receivers a little bit longer. It kind of opened up a little bit later than I thought it would. Its just one of those things where I need to trust what were doing on offence and go from there." "Its never going to be a perfect game in your reads and everything." After allowing five sacks to the Eskimos defence, some will immediately look to an area of weakness from last season — the offensive line — as the reason to why the Bombers offence struggled. While Willy was often hurried and harassed by the Esks last week, he doesnt see his line protection as the overriding issue. "Weve done some good things. We were throwing the ball. We were basically averaging just under 300 yards the first three games. Obviously there was some good protection there for me to be able to throw for that kind of yardage. Its just one of those games last week that it just wasnt all on the O-line. It was all twelve of us and we each took our part. You could look at drives and one play its one guy, and one play its another. One play its me. Its just all around, so we just need to consistently be on the same page on offence and make sure we dont have those mental mistakes." After a breakout 122 rushing yard performance in Week 1, and three TDs on the ground in Week 2, rookie tailback Nic Grigsby had only 17 rushing attempts in the following two games for a total of 84 yards. The quarterback knows the importance of getting the running game going again if he wants his offence to succeed. "To get (Grigsby) going would be great for us. Hes a dynamic player," added Willy. "If we can get him the ball in the running game or pass game — we just need to get him some touches. Any time you run the ball well, in my past experiences in this league, it definitely increases your chances of winning." NOTES: Rookie starting safety Moe Leggett returns this week after missing two games with an ankle injury ... Linebacker and defensive back Johnny Sears has been ruled out this week with a hamstring pull. He was listed as questionable throughout the week as he worked to get healthy for the game ... Defensive end Jason Vega is another veteran hit to the Bombers D corps as the former NFLer is out this week due to injures referred to by Mike OShea as "various what-nots" ... Rookie kicker Lirim Hajrullahu will take on all kicking and punting duties following Mike Renauds hamstring injury suffered in pre-game warm-ups last week ... Returner Aaron Woods returns to the active roster after a two week absence where the team used Paris Cotton and Demond Washington on kick and punt returns. Cotton has been placed on the one-game injured list ... The club has decided to swap tackle Dan Knapp and guard Cordaro Howard. Howard moves over to the right tackle spot Friday night, and Knapp inside to left guard as Canadian starter Chris Greaves continues to recover from a knee injury suffered in Week 3. Greaves practiced this week and may be ready to go by Week 6 ... Slotback Julian Feoli-Gudino missed practice on Tuesday and Thursday this week, but Mike OShea assured he will be good to go Friday night ... The team signed Canadian linebacker Kyle Jones on Monday. Jones is a true utility player who can play special teams, punt, kick, kickoff, snap, and hold. "The one thing he cant do is snap to himself, hold it, and kick his own field goal. But I havent asked him to do that so maybe he can," quipped OShea. Jones should work as a safety net with the Bombers only having one healthy kicker at the moment. Nike Roshe Run Homme Noir Et Blanc . Talbot got the nod after Lundqvist received extended work in Swedens run to the gold medal game in the Olympics. Talbot made the most of his opportunity, getting his 11th career win in 18 NHL games -- all this season. He was 11.6 seconds away from a shutout, but Peter Regin scored after goalie Corey Crawford was pulled. Nike Roshe Run pas cher . Hartley missed two field goals in Sundays 27-16 loss at St. Louis, dropping his conversion rate to a career-low 73.3 percent (22-for-30) this season. The 27-year-old joined the Saints in the middle of the 2008 campaign and his tenure with the club was highlighted by three kicks of more than 40 yards during Super Bowl XLIV, helping New Orleans beat the Indianapolis Colts.If only their arms were longer... Nike Free Run Homme Pas Cher. .. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this