ayed in his 500th NHL game. Bou | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 16 '16
TORONTO -- Steve Tolleson is the only Toronto Blue Jay who will want to remember Wednesdays game. http:///...ax-90-gris-rose.html . With his team trailing the Cleveland Indians by 13 runs in the ninth inning, the Blue Jays utility infielder came off the bench to make his big league pitching debut and secure the final out. "I wish the circumstances hadnt even been that way to get that chance but I guess any time you have a chance to go out and try to get an out in a major-league game thats a pretty special opportunity for anyone," said the 30-year-old Tolleson after the Indians pounded the Blue Jays 15-4 at Rogers Centre. "I didnt take it for granted," said Tolleson, who joked that he tried to stay "below the hitting speed" against the two hitters he faced. He yielded a double to Lonnie Chisenhall and got Mike Aviles to pop up. Tolleson, who said he pitched a couple of times late in blowout games in the minors in 2011 and 2012, said manager John Gibbons came up to him before the Cleveland ninth to see if he was willing to go in to pitch if needed. He relieved Neil Wagner, recalled earlier in the day from triple-A Buffalo, who had given up six runs on six hits in 1 1/3 innings. "He was battling out there and if I could save him a few pitches to help him get ready for his next appearance then thats what the team needed today," Tolleson said. Toronto shortstop Jose Reyes flipped the ball into the stands after the Aviles pop up but Tolleson said it was retrieved for him to keep as a souvenir. David Murphy was 5 for 6 with five runs batted in and Chisenhall was 5 for 6 with an RBI as Cleveland (19-21) had 22 hits off for five different Toronto pitchers before 14,068 fans. The Indians led 4-2 after six innings before pounding the Toronto bullpen to turn it into a laugher. "We were in that game going into the seventh inning," Gibbons said. "Then, of course, it exploded on us. Get that one out of our system and come back tomorrow." Toronto (20-21) closes out a nine-game home stand against the Indians on Thursday night. Dustin McGowans struggles at home continued. The Toronto right-handed starter was touched for four runs in four-plus innings, including a two-run home run by Carlos Santana. McGowan (2-2), making his eighth start of the season, gave up a run in each of the second and fourth innings before being chased by three straight hits including Santanas two-run blast in the fifth. McGowan is now 0-2 with 16 earned runs in 15 2/3 innings and 9.10 earned-run-average over four starts at the Rogers Centre this season. On the road, hes 2-0 with six earned runs in 23 1/3 innings and a sparkling 2.31 ERA in four starts. "It was just one of those nights where they were waffling the ball," McGowan said. "Sometimes you have to tip your hat to them. "All my pitches were fine tonight. I just got hit hard." Former Blue Jay Yan Gomes had a three-run homer in the ninth off Wagner to cap the onslaught. Meanwhile, Cleveland starter Corey Kluber (4-3) had a solid outing. The right-hander retired the first 13 Blue Jays he faced and finished the night yielding two runs, four hits and a walk while striking out nine over seven innings. Adam Lind had two of the Blue Jays eight hits while Jose Bautista, Brett Lawrie, Juan Francisco and Josh Thole each drove in a run. After Thursdays game, the Blue Jays go out on the road for three weekend games in Texas before heading to Fenway Park for a three-game series against the Boston Red Sox beginning on Tuesday. http:///...0-noir-et-rouge.html . PAUL, Minn. Superstar Foundation Blanc Noir . Stadler, who sits atop the leaderboard at 9-under-par 204, entered the day up by three shots, but the rest of the field could not shoot low enough to catch the American. Stadler is seeking his second win on the European Tour.CALGARY -- Led by a rookie forward and a journeyman goaltender, the Calgary Flames continued their strong start to the season. Sean Monahan had a goal and an assist and Joey MacDonald made 33 saves to lead the Calgary Flames to a 3-2 win over the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday. "Obviously its a great start," said Monahan, who has scored in three straight games and is tied at five points for the team scoring lead with Jiri Hudler. "We havent lost a game in regulation. Losings something I dont like to do, so its been a lot of fun. Im getting more comfortable every day." Calgary coach Bob Hartley praised the effort of his rookie centre, who turns 19 on Saturday. "I sometimes pinch myself and wonder if I need to check his birth certificate, the poise he is showing for an 18-year-old kid," Hartley said. "He is having fun, he is bringing passion, he is bringing excitement and hes learning. He is a pretty special kid." Sven Baertschi and Curtis Glencross also scored for Calgary (2-0-2). The last time the Flames recorded points in the first four games of a season was back in 2009-10 when they went 4-0-0 before going 0-2-1 in their next three games. MacDonald started his third straight game after backstopping Calgary to a 4-3 road win over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday, before helping the Flames salvage a point in a 5-4 overtime loss at home to the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday. "Tonight we stuck with it," said MacDonald, who previously played for the Boston Bruins, New York Islanders, Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings before the Flames claimed him off of waivers part way through last season. "Its a learning experience for the young guys to show them how important it is. They came out hard." P.K. Subban had a goal and an assist for the Canadiens (1-2-0), who hadnt played since skating to a 4-1 win at home over the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday. "We werent ready to play right from the start, including myself," Subban said. "We can continue to say its the beginning of the season and were just getting things going, but weve got to come out better than that. "We knew this was a hungry team, we knew they were a young team. They had some young players in the lineup and weve got to take advantage of that. I dont think we did a good enough job." Lars Eller, with his fourth goal and sixth point, also scored for Montreal, while Carey Price made 22 saves. Both Calgary and Montreal finished 1 for 3 on the power play. Despite being outshot 12-4 in the opening frame, the Flames took a 2-0 lead into the first intermission. Nike Air Max 90 Essential Pas Cher. Monahan opened the scoring at 9:09 of the first period when he tapped a rebound into the net behind Price. Monahan started the play with a behind-the-back pass to Lee Stempniak, who fired a shot on goal that Price stopped with his right pad. The puck bounced right to Monahan, who drove straight to the net after making the pass. "Thats always a good feeling," Monahan said. "Theres nowhere else to put it than in the back of the net. I jumped all over that and I was pretty excited." Baertschi then scored his first of the season with 1:27 remaining in the first when he tapped a cross-crease pass from Monahan behind a sprawling Price. Hudler helped set up the play by jarring the puck loose from Montreal defenceman Jarred Tinordi by virtue of a big hit behind the net. During a Montreal man advantage in the second period, MacDonald stopped a Subban point blast before stacking his pads to prevent back-to-back shots off the stick of Andrei Markov from getting into the net behind him. "Its just battling," MacDonald said. "You never give up on the puck. It might not be the nicest style, but youve got to stop the puck. When your team sees those saves, it kind of gives them a little momentum. I think we kind of built off that." Then on a Calgary power play, Glencross tipped a point shot by Dennis Wideman past Price at 16:22 of the second. Just 84 seconds later with the Calgary captain Mark Giordano in the penalty box for tripping, Subban fired a point shot into the top corner to end MacDonalds shut-out bid. At 10:40 of the third, Eller pulled Montreal within a goal. Subban let go a shot from the point that went wide, but bounced off the boards and right onto the stick of Eller, who swatted the puck into a wide-open net. The Canadiens pressed hard to tie up the game until Subban took a cross-checking penalty with 1:49 remaining in regulation. "We worked so hard in the third and in the second to bring ourselves into striking distance of tying the game up," Subban said. "Right when we were about to turn the corner, you take that penalty so it really sucks." Notes: Montreal forward Rene Bourque played in his 500th NHL game. Bourque started his career in Chicago with the Blackhawks, with whom he played 183 games before suiting up for 249 contests with the Flames and the last 68 with the Canadiens. a Hudlers next goal will be the 100th of his NHL career. a Monahan, Stempniak and Hudler have all recorded at least one point all four games the Flames have played this season. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors
Jobs from Indeed

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this