Dec. 20. But no date has been set for his return. W | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 27 '16
BOSTON -- The Bruins pelted Carey Price with 51 shots. Swingman Shaquille ONeal Jersey . An overtime bid by Bostons Carl Soderberg slid across the crease behind the goalie but didnt go in. The team with the NHLs best regular-season record had plenty of chances. So coach Claude Julien says the Bruins are feeling positive after the Montreal Canadiens 4-3, double-overtime victory in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals Thursday night. "Of course it is," he said Friday. "There was no panic after the game. It was only Game 1 and its a long series." And Canadiens coach Michel Therrien didnt sound overconfident going into Game 2 on Saturday. "The Bruins," he said, "were the best team in the league all season long and they had a good first round and they played a solid game (Thursday)." But after having nine days off after Montreals sweep of Tampa Bay, Therrien thinks his team can improve. Price was outstanding, but the Canadiens know they cant let 51 shots get through to him again. "He stole that game for us," forward Brian Gionta said. The Bruins helped. Sloppy play led to 13 takeaways by Montreal, while Boston had just three. The Bruins also allowed two goals on the three power plays after the Canadiens had just two in 13 opportunities in the four games against the Lightning. The Bruins, after five days off, started slowly and trailed 2-0 after the second period on goals by P.K. Subban on a power play and Rene Bourque. Boston tied it in the first seven minutes of the third on goals by Reilly Smith and Torey Krug. "We had some great chances there in the second half of the second. It just took us a while to get our game going," Julien said. "I thought from midway through the second period on, thats where we were at our best." Francis Bouillon gave Montreal the lead midway through the third period before Johnny Boychuk tied it with 1:58 left in regulation. The Bruins took 14 shots in the first overtime then lost on Subbans power-play goal 4:17 into the second overtime. "We need to do a better job boxing out, blocking shots, and disturbing their entries" on power plays, Boston centre Patrice Bergeron said, "doing a better job on our forecheck. Thats all." But Bergeron, one of the NHLs top faceoff players, lost the draw and Subban scored just seven seconds after a penalty to Bostons Matt Bartkowski. Bruins defenceman Zdeno Chara didnt have enough time to get in front of Subbans blast from the blue line. "Its tough for him to come out and block that shot," Subban said. "I think he did all he could to get in my lane, but by the time he already did, I had already let it go." So now the Bruins are in the same spot where they were after Game 1 of the opening round. They lost 1-0 to Detroit then won the next four games to advance. Three years ago, they lost the first two games of the first round at home against Montreal then won it in seven games and went on to capture the Stanley Cup. "I dont think we can even think about winning the series," Subban said. "When there is success you have to take it and get better." The Bruins had plenty of success putting shots on Price. Boychuk had six and Bartkowski, David Krejci and Smith had five each. "Those games are going to happen. You just hope they dont happen in the playoffs," Smith said. "They have a good goaltender on the other side, and its something we really have to focus on, making life a little bit more difficult on him." After a close game in which they outplayed the Canadiens in several aspects, the Bruins expect to show resiliency, just as they did after falling behind 2-0 and 3-2 on Thursday. "We didnt get the first one," Boston right wing Jarome Iginla said, "but, at the same time, we did a lot of things that we feel are a part of our game and were effective, and we stay with that." But the Canadiens wont be satisfied with gaining a split in Boston. "The Bruins played a really solid game," Therrien said. "The thing I know and I believe is that our team is going to be better next game." Grant Hill Jersey . Spezza was tasked with taking over for Alfredsson as captain, and Ryan with filling the void as a scoring winger. In the Senators first game against Alfredsson and the Detroit Red Wings, Spezza and Ryan fittingly spearheaded an impressive offensive display in a 6-1 blowout at Joe Louis Arena. Dan Majerle Jersey . -- Demetrious Johnson had a little something to show anybody who still doubts the UFCs small guys can produce big knockouts.NASHVILLE -- Predators captain Shea Weber says he feels lucky to be skating again a week after taking a puck to the face that left him unable to see much at all until the next morning. "Definitely very thankful and lucky that it wasnt worse," Weber said. "It could have been a lot worse and got a second chance here, and obviously hopefully it doesnt happen again." Weber took a puck off his face near his right eye Nov. 28 in a 3-0 loss to the Edmonton Oilers, dropped to the ice and then skated off straight to the locker room. He practiced Friday for the first time and also wore a visor to protect his eyes after an injury that had him worried because of the blood affecting his vision. "You cant see anything out of it and you wonder if its long term," Weber said. "I mean youre uncertain, so you just have to wait and listen to what the doctor says and the guys that ... have dealt with these things before you make any assessment. I mean its tough, but you dont want to jump to any conclusion." As a veteran, Weber has been among those players allowed to play without a visor. He has finished second twice in voting for the Norris Trophy given out to the NHLs best defenceman, and he won a gold medal with Canada in the 2010 Olympics. But he said he spent the first four or five days not allowed to leave the couch to allow his eye time to heal. He was able to see more the next day after the injury with his vision returning gradually. Now Weber is getting used to wearing a visor that he previously had worn only in tournaments like the Olympics. "Well see how it goes," Weber said about the visor. "I mean for right now definitely dont want to take any second chances and dont want to get hit again. So, hopefully I caan just get used to it and its not going to be an issue and I can wear it going forward. Swingman Kevin Johnson Jersey. " The Predators made a serious investment in the defenceman they drafted 49th overall in 2003 in July 2012 when they matched a 14-year, $110 million offer sheet by Philadelphia. The 6-foot-4, 234-pound defenceman also is a two-time All Star. Nashville coach Barry Trotz predicted that wearing visors probably will be mandatory in the NHL in a couple years anywhere and pointed out Weber will need it in the 2014 Olympics, too. Trotz said he thinks Weber realizes hes gotten a second chance after an injury that could have been disastrous. "He was able to avoid that, and obviously with that hes taken the right precautions by putting on the shield and having a very productive career and livelihood for a long, long time," Trotz said. "Thats our goal with him and for him, and thats what he wants." Weber accompanied the Predators on their trip, and Trotz said the defenceman may play Saturday night against the Washington Capitals. The Predators certainly need their captain back. Goalie Pekka Rinne has been out since needing arthroscopic surgery Oct. 24 to clean out a bacterial infection in his Oct. 24, and the Predators hope to pick up his activity from his rehab Dec. 20. But no date has been set for his return. Weber defenceman has missed three games and was their leading goal scorer when he was hurt. With seven goals, hes tied with Erik Karlsson of Ottawa, Torey Krug of Boston and Michael Stone of Phoenix for most by defencemen. Nashville has lost three straight without him, and is 7-0 when Weber scores this season. "Obviously, a tough stretch here and not playing the way we should be," Weber said. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this