1-0 lead at the 17:03 mark of the first period | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 27 '16
EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Brandon Carr Jersey .J. -- New York Giants receiver Victor Cruz has shed the protective boot hes been sporting, and expects to play in the regular-season opener against the Dallas Cowboys Sept. 8. "Feeling good," Cruz said Tuesday, a day after the boot came off his injured left foot. "Its been better, feels a lot better, a lot of the swelling has gone down. Obviously, looking forward to better days coming." Cruz was sidelined more than a week after hurting his heel in a preseason game against the Indianapolis Colts Aug. 18. He jumped to catch a pass from Eli Manning on the opening series and a defender landed on his foot. Two days later, he used crutches to walk to the podium with his foot in a boot. Cruz missed the third preseason game, vs. the Jets, and will also skip Thursdays exhibition finale at New England. He hopes to practice Monday and play the following weekend. "Absolutely. I knew initially that it was just a small bump in the road and that I just needed some time off to get some down time off the boot and off the foot and get things going the right way," Cruz said. "Dallas was definitely a target date for me and I knew that I had to be ready. I still have some time to recuperate. It feels even better." The only pain he has is getting out of bed. "Theres swelling in the morning when I first put my foot down, thats about it," the Paterson, N.J., native said. "Other than that, once I get it going and get it warmed up, it seems to loosen up a little bit and feel better. We still want to take it easy and take it one day at a time." Cruz is still getting treatment on the foot, including an exercise where he has to pick up marbles with his feet. Cruz has led the Giants in receiving the past two seasons, catching a combined 168 passes for 2,628 yards and 19 touchdowns. He scored one of the two touchdowns the offence has generated this preseason. The offence will improve, Cruz insists. "With the amount of reps that we get, its hard to develop a rhythm," he said. "We just need to get it going a little bit and I think our balance isnt there yet; our balance of running the ball and passing it. Slowly but surely, well get that back. Days of practice and getting everybody back out there, I think that will help us. "But I think we just need to build some fluidity within the offence." ---- NOTES: Coach Tom Coughlin said his first team will play up to 15 plays against the Patriots. ... James Brewer will start at left guard with Kevin Boothe moving to centre in the new alignment on the offensive line. ... DE Jason Pierre-Paul took some snaps on Tuesday, one day after coming off the physically unable to perform list. ... Rookie DE Damontre Moore returned to practice for the first time since hurting a shoulder in the preseason opener. Jason Witten Jersey . The Raptors head to Milwaukee Monday night and will try to win for just the third time in 10 games while facing a Bucks team that can add a reserve point guard to a list of sidelined players. Darren McFadden Jersey . "I have no complaints about the refereeing in this series," he said ahead of Game 5.MEDICINE HAT, Alta. -- Conner Bleackley got it done in regulation time and in the shootout. Bleackleys goal late in the second period eventually forced overtime and he was the only scorer in the shootout as the Red Deer Rebels edged the Medicine Hat Tigers 2-1 on Wednesday in Western Hockey League action. Goaltender Patrik Bartosak made 40 saves and turned away three Tigers skater to earn the win for Red Deer (32-30-5). Anthony Ast scored for Medicine Hat (41-22-4), while Marek Langhamer stopped 34 shots. The Rebels could not score on their two power plays, while the Tigers had no man advantages. --- WARRIORS 6 HITMEN 1 MOOSE JAW, Sask. -- Brayden Point had a hat trick to lead the Warriors past Calgary. Jack Rodewald scored and added three assists for Moose Jaw (18-40-9), while Tanner Eberle and Jesse Forsberg chipped in as well. Justin Paulic made 41 saves for the win. Joe Mahon was the lone scorer for the Hitmen (44-16-7). Mack Shields stopped 14 of 18 shots in 32:28 or work before giving way to Chris Driedger, who turned aside 12-of-13 shots. --- OIL KINGS 5 PATS 2 REGINA -- Edgars Kulda had a pair of goals to power Edmonton past the Pats. Curtis Lazar scored and added two assists for the Oil Kings (46-17-3), while Brett Pollock and Riley Kieser also found the back of the net. Tristan Jarry madee 21 saves for the win. Orlando Scandrick Jersey. Dryden Hunt did all the scoring for Regina (37-24-6). Daniel Wapple started in net for the Pats, stopping nine-of-12 shots in 24:49 of work. Dawson MacAuley turned aside 24 of 25 shots in relief. --- GIANTS 2 BLAZERS 1 VANCOUVER -- Joel Hamiltons goal 58 seconds into the third period stood as the winner as the Giants held on to beat Kamloops. Cain Franson scored in the second for Vancouver (31-26-10) as Payton Lee made 17 saves. Matt Bellerives goal with less than a minute to play was too late for the Blazers (13-49-5), who got 35 saves from Bolton Pouliot. --- ROCKETS 3 CHIEFS 1 KELOWNA, B.C. -- Nick Merkley struck twice as the Rockets sank Spokane. Captain Madison Bowey added a goal for Kelowna (53-10-4), while Jordon Cooke made 29 saves. Connor Chartier gave the Chiefs (36-24-6) a 1-0 lead at the 17:03 mark of the first period and Eric Williams stopped 26 shots in net. --- WINTERHAWKS 5 AMERICANS 1 KENNEWICK, Wash. -- Defenceman Anton Cederholm had the eventual winner as Portland topped Tri-City. Josh Hanson, Keegan Iverson, Chase De Leo and Paul Bittner rounded out the attack for the Winterhawks (48-13-5). Corbin Boes made 28 saves for the win. Rodney Southam replied for the Americans (28-30-8) and Eric Comrie turned aside 39 shots in net. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this