Whitney said. "I think thats just what | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 7 '16
The B. Adidas Kengät Halvalla .C. Lions have lost another player to the NFL. Jovan Olafioye, the West Division nominee for Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman, has signed a two-year deal with the St. Louis Rams. Olafioye will reportedly make close to six-figures in guaranteed salary. The 24-year-old product of North Carolina Central spent the past two seasons with the Lions. Olafioye was named a West Division All-Star in his rookie year in 2010 and was a CFL All-Star this past season. Olafioye joins linebacker Solomon Elimimian as former Lions who have signed with NFL clubs this off-season. DT Khalif Mitchell, who many thought would sign down south, re-signed with the B.C. earlier this off-season. Nike Roshe Run Naiset .S. Open loss to Kei Nishikori of Japan, as he prepares for a Davis Cup playoff against Columbia next week that will determine whether Canada remains in the elite World Group. Adidas Superstar 2 Kengät . 1 offence. Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman is a key cog in the NFLs No.EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Oilers werent as good as they looked in their first 14 games of this season and they arent as bad as theyve often appeared over their last 14. The trick for coach Tom Renney is to find the happy middle ground between the extremes. After getting out to a 9-3-2 start, the Oilers have staggered to a 4-9-1 record since, with the latest mis-step coming in a 5-3 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes on Wednesday -- a defeat Renney deemed the most disappointing of the season. Consistent, the Oilers are not. "As much as our goaltending was good, our defensive game was very good to start the season," Renney said. "Our goaltenders had to worry about less chances against, less bona fide chances. That made a real difference. "We do have a reference point with how we played. We have clips that would suggest we know what were doing and the results sort of speak to that. Certainly lately, they dont." Put the distinctly different 14-game segments together and the Oilers today sit in 10th place in the Western Conference with a 13-12-3 record as they prepare to close out a six-game homestand against the Colorado Avalanche on Friday. Losers of two straight games and five of their last six, the Oilers are just two points ahead of the 27 points they had after the same number of games in 2010-11, when they finished 30th overall for the second straight year. "I dont think youre really ever as good as you look and youre never really as bad as you think you are," Ryan Whitney said. "As a team, I think its about realizing that the same group of guys that did that earlier is here now. "Sometimes you get too confident. You think the league is going to be easy. I know when I was young, you have some success and you kind of lay back and you think its going to be roses the rest of the way. Its not. Its a hard league. Theres no easy games." Beaten 5-3 by the Calgary Flames on Saturday, the well-rested Oilers talked about starting fast and making amends against the Hurricanes, who came into Rexall Place languishing in last place in the Eastern Conference and on a seven-game losing streak. The Oilers were instead listless, flat and unable to match tthe energy level of the Hurricanes, who had lost 7-6 the night before in Calgary. Nike Air Max 2015 Suomi. Special teams struggled again. Renneys top two lines accomplished little. "Were looking for some consistency together," captain Shawn Horcoff said. "Weve had good games here and there. We need longer periods, where you throw three or four (games) together. "Were going through a bit of a tough time and this is where you need to turn it around and start finding ways to win some games. I dont think were as bad as weve looked this last stretch, but I think we can be as good a team as we were early, but it takes a 20-man commitment to it." To say the Oilers have been streaky in the extreme is to understate. They had a six-game winning streak early. They followed that by losing five of six games in November and have duplicated that stretch, one win in six games, with the loss to Carolina. "When you start thinking that youre better than you are, as a team or as a player, thats when it comes and bites you," Whitney said. "I think thats just what happened with us. "We probably thought we were going to play the whole way like we started the year. All of a sudden, teams get better a month into the season and we stopped doing some of the things we were doing." If the Oilers were guilty of being a little too confident after a surprising start, thats not an issue now. The power play, so hot to start the season, is still ranked eighth, but was held off the score sheet on 10 attempts in the losses to Calgary and Carolina. The penalty killing has slipped to 16th. One constant has been that goaltending duo of Nikolai Khabibulin and Devan Dubnyk has faced too many shots. More of those shots are finding the back of the net now. "We certainly cant feel sorry for ourselves and we cant go out and fall on our swords either," Renney said. "This is the NHL. This is what we do, so lets just buckle down and come back to a real sound, fundamental game of hockey and allow the rest of that innate stuff, that instinctive stuff to emerge from good, sound, basic hockey. Thats when were at our best, when we play the game that way." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '
0 0 0
Sponsors

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this