under a heavy snowfall," he said. Bayern had | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 26 '16
MONTREAL -- Georges St-Pierre doesnt know if hell be ready to return to the Octagon later this year in Montreal. http:///...ntonio-Brown-Jersey/ . In the meantime, the UFC welterweight champion is rehabbing his injured knee -- and working on his patience. "Im at the most dangerous stage of my rehabilitation right now," St-Pierre told a news conference Thursday. St-Pierre explained that while his muscles feel good, theres no way to tell if his torn ligament has fused properly. "Its not 100 per cent right now, so I need to be patient," said the MMA fighter, who injured his knee in training late last year. "Im used to training all the time, every day, and for me not to be able to do what I love every day, its very hard for me so I have to work on my patience on myself." St-Pierre said if all goes well, hell start training again in a few months. "I think its fair to say that around July I should be good to go -- for training -- not for a fight," he added. There has been speculation he will make his comeback at UFC 154 on Nov. 17 in Montreal, where he says he enjoyed the best moments of his career. But St-Pierre said thats only a rumour, although hes keeping his fingers crossed. "I dont know yet, I need clearance from the doctor," he said. St-Pierre said he will have a better idea after he gets the final OK from his doctor and talks with the UFC. "But right now, its only at the rumour state -- when Im going to fight and where," he said. The UFC seems to be banking on GSP being ready, In a conference call with Canadian reporters Wednesday, UFC president Dana White said he expected GSP to be featured on the November card against interim champion Carlos (Natural Born Killer) Condit. "Condit hit me the other day and said All right, man. Be honest with me. How long is GSP going to be out? And I told him were expecting GSP to be back in November," White said. "So hes going to wait." In other words, Condit will not opt for a fight in the interim and will instead focus on the champion in the fall. St-Pierre said Thursday that he knows Condit is waiting for him. White also said he doubted St-Pierres injury layoff would affect his status as the UFCs biggest pay-per-view draw. "I think people are going to be pumped to see him back. I think a lot of people are going to tune in to watch him fight again. And I think the Condit fight is interesting. The only question about GSP is going to be ring rust after being out for so long. But the guy trains so damn hard, I dont see it happening." Gavin McMillan has been supervising St-Pierres rehab at the Sport Science Lab in San Diego. He says the type of leg injury the UFC star suffered could have been career-altering -- "if not career-ending." As for the short term, St-Pierre will literally be playing his cards close to his chest. At the news conference, it was also announced that the UFC champ has signed an endorsement contact with 888poker and will play in the main event at the 2012 World Series of Poker. St-Pierre said jokingly that hes not ready to switch careers, but poker will be a good distraction and hes even hoping to eventually get good at it. "When I do things, I want to be the best and Im very competitive. and over time I hope to become an excellent player maybe like other good poker players like Guy Laliberte and Rene Angelil," he added. Angelil is the husband and manager of pop diva Celine Dion. Laliberte is founder of the world famous Cirque du Soleil. St-Pierre even admitted he got injured in December 2011 because he was training too much. "Maybe in a way, poker is going to help me focus on relaxation and help me rest my body between fights," he said. http:///...nuel-Sanders-Jersey/ . Rocque and her Edmonton rink stole two points in the eighth end and hit out for the win after South Korea scored a single in the ninth. "Honestly, this is unexplainable," Rocque said. http:///...shon-Jeffery-Jersey/ . Uruguays soccer federation said it planned to appeal the ban, which prohibits striker Luis Suarez from all soccer activities for four months. The ban also covers Uruguays next nine international games, which rules him out of next years Copa America.MOSCOW -- Defending champion Bayern Munich beat CSKA Moscow 3-1 on Wednesday, setting a new Champions League record of 10 straight victories. Bayern, which had already qualified for the knockout stages from Group D, took the lead through Arjen Robben in the 17th minute. Mario Goetze made it 2-0 with a solo effort early in the second half. Keisuke Honda scored a penalty for CSKA in the 62nd, but Thomas Mueller converted one for the visitors just three minutes later to restore the German sides two-goal advantage. CSKA, which couldnt qualify for the knockout stages, opened strongly on a frozen pitch under a heavy snowfall at the Arena Khimki in Moscows suburbs. Kirill Nababkin met Hondas corner kick and the ball fell for Zoran Tosic. But his low shot in the box was deflected away by Dante in the sixth minute. Four minutes later, keeper Manuel Neuer blocked Pontus Wernblooms header from another Honda corner. However, Bayern gradually seized the initiative and Mueller broke down the left flank to send in a cross for Robben who gave Igor Akinfeev no chance, hitting the back of the net with a left-foot shot from seven meters on the visitors first scoring opportunity. Honda created a chance for an equalizer one minute into first-time injury time, putting Ahmed Musa through on goal, only for Neuer to smother the Nigerian strikers poke. The Japanese midfielder had two clear chances to equalize early in the second half but failed to beat Neuer in a one-on-one aftter latching on to Akinfeevs long kick and then missed again a minute later with the goal wide open following a cross from the right. http://www.thenflapparelsshop.com/San-Diego-Chargers/. Goetze added Bayerns second after he rounded four CSKA players and curled the ball into the far corner of the net in the 65th minute. CSKA, which 3-0 lost in Munich, finally scored but from the spot after a handball by Dante. But there was soon a spot-kick at the other end after defender Georgy Schennikov fouled Robben in the box and Mueller beat Akinfeev with a low shot into the left corner. The home side created several more chances but had no luck, with Tosic hitting the crossbar in the 78th. "We had several clear scoring opportunities in the second half," CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky said. "But it was all about capitalizing. Unfortunately we failed to convert them. Im really pleased with the way we played in the second half." Bayern coach Pep Guardiola focused more on the conditions. "It was a difficult game on a tough pitch and under a heavy snowfall," he said. Bayern had equalled Barcelonas 2002-03 record of nine wins in a row three weeks ago Bayern leads Group D with 15 points. CSKA has three points for third, six points behind second place Manchester City which has also reached the last 16 and was playing Viktoria Plzen later. Bayern will next face Manchester City on Dec. 10, while CSKA will be on the road to Plzen to play for a spot in the Europa League. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this