to deny Paris substitute Javier Pastore | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 27 '16
MONTPELLIER, France -- Top-seeded Richard Gasquet of France was hardly troubled by countryman Albano Olivetti as he won 6-4, 6-2 on Friday to reach the Open Sud de France semifinals and stay on course to defend his title. Nike Shox NZ . Although Olivetti, a qualifier, had 13 aces, he failed to force a single break-point chance on Gasquets serve and lost his own three times. Gasquet next plays third-seeded Jerzy Janowicz of Poland, who won had 18 aces in a 6-2, 6-4 win against seventh-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France. "It was a tough match. I know Edouard very well from the Tour and I knew that I had to be very good on my serve and aggressive on my returns to have a chance," said Janowicz, who is 1-1 against Gasquet in their head-to-heads. "Gasquet will be a very difficult opponent. I know he is playing very, very well." No. 5 Gael Monfils of France advanced after beating Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan 6-4, 6-4 and next plays No. 6 Jarkko Nieminen of Finland, who won 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (5) win against Marc Gicquel of France. "I felt very good on the court today," said Monfils, who won the tournament four years ago and holds a 3-0 record against Nieminen. "I felt the ball really well and had a lot of fun today. As each day goes by, I am feeling better and better and raising my game." The 36-year-old Gicquel missed five break-point chances in the deciding set. Nike Huarache Blancas . He then tried the other side of the ice, and that worked out quite well for him and the Chicago Blackhawks. Bickell had a goal and two assists, and the Blackhawks beat the Minnesota Wild 4-1 on Sunday to take a 2-0 lead in the Western Conference semifinals. Adidas Zx Flux España . It was Wozniaks second defeat at Roland Garros by a world No. 1 after going out a year ago to then-top player Caroline Wozniacki. "Ive got to bring my game up a notch at the key moments," said Wozniak, who marked a personal anniversary in Paris.LEVERKUSEN, Germany -- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored twice as Paris Saint-Germain all but booked its place in the Champions League quarterfinals with a 4-0 away rout of 10-man Bayer Leverkusen on Tuesday. Blaise Matuidi got the visitors off to a flying start in the first leg of their round-of-16 tie by scoring in the third minute. Ibrahimovic made it 2-0 from a penalty in the 39th, after Emir Spahic hauled down Ezequiel Lavezzi, and effectively killed the game three minutes later when he rifled a shot from outside the penalty area inside the top far corner. Leverkusen had Spahic sent off for a second yellow card in the 59th, and Paris substitute Yohan Cabaye completed the rout in the 88th. "We had a good game," said Ibrahimovic, who took his tally in this seasons competition to 10 goals from six games. "We scored early and when you are in the lead it is much easier." The result looks almost certain to end Leverkusens hopes of reaching the quarterfinals for the first time since 2002, with a mountain to climb in the second leg in Paris on March 12. No team has recovered from 4-0 down in a two-legged Champions League tie. Barcelona won 2-0 at Manchester City in Tuesdays other game. Lionel Messi converted a penalty in the 54th after Martin Demichelis brought him down in the area -- his Argentina teammate was also sent off -- and Dani Alves put the Catalans in a commanding position by scoring in the final minute. Leverkusen seemed to be feeling the effect of losing five of its last seven games. The home side looked nervous from the start, perhaps mindful of losing 5-0 to Manchester United in its previous game at home in the competition. "We played with fear and I really dont know why," Leverkusen defender Omer Toprak said. Leverkusen captain Simon Rolfes lost the ball to Matuidi, who combined with Ibrahimovic and Marrco Verratti before tucking the latters return pass inside the far post. Adidas Zx 700 Mujer. "We observed them and saw their (previous) game against Schalke. We knew they were suffering and we didnt want to gift them any confidence," said Paris coach Laurent Blanc, whose side was unbeaten in its previous seven away games, with five of those ending in victory. The visitors exuded confidence as the home side struggled to compete. Ibrahimovic should have made it 2-0 when Leverkusen keeper Bernd Leno struggled to deal with an effort from Lavezzi, but he fired the rebound straight at Roberto Hilbert. The home side gradually improved. Spahic, who had been doing a good job marshalling Ibrahimovic, tried his luck from distance, though failed to trouble Paris goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu. The penalty dented his sides hopes, however, and then Matuidi played the ball back for Ibrahimovics hammer shot. Leverkusen coach Sami Hyypia reacted at halftime by bringing Rolfes and the disappointing Son Heung-min off for Stefan Reinartz and the 17-year-old Julian Brandt respectively. Striker Stefan Kiesslings penalty appeals were ignored and Leverkusen supporters were further enraged when Spahic was sent off with his second yellow card for catching Lucas with his arm in a tussle for the ball. Leverkusen defender Philipp Wollscheids blushes were spared in the 66th, when his own goal was ruled out after Lavezzi had strayed offside. Leno produced a great save to deny Paris substitute Javier Pastore from close range with four minutes remaining, but was helpless to stop Cabaye from emulating Ibrahimovic with a similar finish from Lucas lay-off. "We also want to win the return game," Blanc said. "We were back to the type of football we were playing in the first half of the season. The players did well. I have to compliment them." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this