The Magic have a 15-15 record at home, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 8 '16
BERLIN -- Schalke defeated Hannover 2-0 to maintain its perfect start to the year and consolidate fourth place in the Bundesliga on Sunday. Mark Barron Jersey . Jefferson Farfan opened the scoring in the 39th, converting from close range after Sead Kolasinac outran Hannover defender Marcelo on the left. Farfan instigated Schalkes second goal five minutes later, playing through a brilliant ball for Atsuto Uchida, who cut back for Klaas Jan Huntelaar and he in turn left it for the better positioned Max Meyer to stroke home. Huntelaar headed over early in the second half and Meyer drew a good stop from Hannover keeper Ron-Robert Zieler as the home side came closest to adding to the scoreline. "I think we played very well," Meyer said. "Thats three wins from three since the winter break. I think the training camp together did us well. It brought us closer together as a team." Schalke opened a four-point gap over Borussia Moenchengladbach to consolidate the last Champions League qualification place, while Hannover remains 10th after Tayfun Korkuts first defeat as coach. "Its a shame we couldnt get a point here," Zieler said. Already without injured captain Benedikt Hoewedes, Schalke has further concerns after defensive midfielder Roman Neustaedter went off with a knee injury in the first half, while Uchida went down clutching his knee late in the game. Schalke hosts Real Madrid in the first leg of their Champions League round-of-16 tie on Feb. 26. Augsburg continued its fine Bundesliga season with a 4-1 win at Stuttgart earlier Sunday, condemning the home side to its fifth consecutive loss. The visitors opened the scoring against the run of play in the 35th minute through Arkadiusz Milik and built on the lead when Halil Altintop sprung the offside trap for Andre Hahn to finish with aplomb in the 44th. Stuttgarts hopes effectively evaporated with Vedad Ibisevics sending off in the 53rd. TV replays showed the Bosnian striker struck out at Jan-Ingwer Callsen-Brackers face in an off-the-ball incident, leading the Augsburg defender to fall to the ground. Hahn scored his second of the game three minutes later for his ninth of the season. Konstantin Rausch pulled one back for Stuttgart in the 62nd, but Tobias Werner ended any hopes of an unlikely comeback two minutes later. Augsburg stretched its unbeaten run to eight league games and climbed to eighth, while Stuttgart is just two points off the relegation zone after its seventh defeat in eight games. "Its a difficult period. There were many negative highlights for us today," Stuttgart sports director Fredi Bobic said. "The first goal was the turning point. We had them under control for 30 minutes before that." Bayern Munich maintained its 13-point lead over Bayer Leverkusen with a 2-0 win at Nuremberg in the Bavarian derby on Saturday. Eugene Sims Rams Jersey . "Maybe, we were too comfortable," he told TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie. "It looked to me that - the year before we had a lot of injuries and a number of the key guys didnt play very much - we came to camp with a full group, maybe we thought we were going to be better than we were going to be and, certainly, we didnt compete at the same level. Eugene Sims Jersey . The NBA began to issue punishments last season for flopping, the art of exaggerating contact to deceive referees into calling a foul, but only retroactively. If a player is determined to have flopped after a postgame review, he is given a warning for the first offence and a $5,000 fine for the second.ORLANDO, Fla. -- A miserable season just keeps getting worse for the Philadelphia 76ers. Tobias Harris scored a career-high 31 points and the Orlando Magic beat the 76ers for the second time in less than a week, winning 92-81 Sunday night to extend Philadelphias losing streak to 14 games. The 76ers skid is their longest since 1994, when they lost 15 straight, and includes a defeat last Monday to the Milwaukee Bucks, the NBAs worst team. The 76ers have the NBAs second-worst record, while the Magic have the third-worst. Nikola Vucevic had 18 points and 17 rebounds for Orlando, which outscored Philadelphia 26-12 in the fourth quarter to earn the win. "It was definitely my mindset to attack them, put pressure on their defence," Harris said. "When I saw gaps in their defence, I wanted to attack them. They were focusing a lot on Nik tonight, so I saw a lot of openings spacing-wise that I used to my advantage." Both Orlando and Philadelphia have been clear that they are in rebuilding phases, and the 76ers traded two of their best players -- centre Spencer Hawes and guard-forward Evan Turner -- on Feb. 20. Philadelphia coach Brett Brown attributed the 76ers new-look lineup to their recent woes, pointing to it as a reason behind his squads spate of turnovers against Orlando. "We had 19 turnovers and six came from our point guards," Brown said. "A lot of that happened when we had three of five guys on the court who have only been with each other four days. Our offence hurt us more than our defence. "We were throwing the ball away or not knowing who to turn to.. Tre Mason Jersey. . We poked ourselves in the eye with our turnovers. But give Orlando credit for raising the intensity in the fourth quarter and bothering us." Thaddeus Young had 29 points for Philadelphia and Michael Carter-Williams added 17 points and 11 rebounds. Both teams played road games the night before, which might have contributed to sloppy in a game that featured two of the leagues top rookies: Carter-Williams and Orlandos Victor Oladipo. Carter-Williams leads all NBA rookies in points, rebounds, assists, steals and minutes played, is a front-runner to win the Rookie of the Year award, with Oladipo closely following him. Oladipo finished with nine points and Magic coach Jacque Vaughn admitted hes monitoring Oladipos minutes out of concern for fatigue. "Ill gauge his minutes to see how he feels," Vaughn said. "But hes been taking care of his body." NOTES: Magic guards Jameer Nelson (sore calf) and Arron Afflalo (illness) were out with injuries. It was the fifth game in a row Afflalo has missed, three with a sprained ankle and two with illness. . The Magic have a 15-15 record at home, thanks to winning seven of their last eight. . In their 14-game losing streak, Philadelphia has lost by an average of 16.8 points, with 11 of 14 of those losses coming by double digits. ... Even though the team that finishes with the leagues worst record increases its draft lottery chances, its no guarantee. The last team to finish with the worst record and secure the No. 1 pick was the Magic 10 years ago. They used that pick to select Dwight Howard. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this