on Friday. Hes 7-13 lifetime against the Padres | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 18 '16
Alex Bilodeau won the gold medal in mens moguls at the Sochi Winter Olympic Games on Monday and his teammate Mikaël Kingsbury grabbed the silver. Manchester United Ander Herrera Shirt . The bronze medal went to a Russian skier, Alexander Smyshlyaev, to the delight of the crowd. A third Canadian skier, Marc-Antoine Gagnon, finished just off the podium in fourth place. Bilodeau, the champion four years ago in Vancouver, becomes the first man to ever successfully defend the mens Olympic moguls crown. Hes also the first Canadian athlete to defend an Olympic crown in any event since speed skater Catriona Le May Doan won gold in the 500 metres in both 1998 and 2002. Worlds best "I knew I had done everything to get ready," Bilodeau told CBC after his victory. "I knew I had to put the pressure on that young kid whos so good," referring to his teammate, Kingsbury. "I went for the best run of my career," he said. Bilodeau and Kingsbury came in as heavy favourites, having spent much of the last few years trading places atop the world rankings. The 26-year-old Bilodeau was the gold medallist four years ago in Vancouver. But Kingsbury, 21, was the reigning world champion. "It means a lot," Kingsbury said of his silver medal. "I did a great run, just a little mistake. Alex totally deserved it [and] Im super proud of myself to have the silver medal." The gold and silver bookends a very successful week of freestyle skiing for Canada at the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park in Sochi. Sisters Justine and Chloe Dufour-Lapointe took gold and silver in the womens final on Saturday night, clasping hands and fighting back tears as their parents screamed from the stands. On Monday, it was Bilodeaus family doing the crying and celebrating, with his parents and his brother Frederic in attendance, cheering him on. "Mikaël is in my mind when I ski but my brother is in my mind all the time," Bilodeau said. The two brothers embraced near the finish line after the event ended. Although he was favoured to medal, the day got off to a rough start for Bilodeau. At one point he sat in eighth place, barely passing the cutoff to move on to the next round. But he found his game in subsequent rounds before saving his best performance for the final. His last run was awarded the highest score of 26.31, but there was still one skier to come — his teammate and rival, Mikaël Kingsbury. Kingsbury performed a solid run in his final run. But his score of 24.71 was not enough, and he had to settle for the silver. http://www.manchesterunitedproshop.uk/luke-shaw-man-utd-jersey.html . Both sides are having domestic troubles going into their meeting in Tuesdays Champions League round of 16 first-leg match, but it is arguably Barcelona which has more to prove. Saturdays 3-2 loss at Osasuna, coupled with Real Madrids 4-2 win over Levante on Sunday, left the defending Spanish champion 10 points behind its bitter rival, which has dropped only eight points all season. http:///...n-united-jersey.html .C. -- Phil Mickelson spent five hours in the stifling heat Tuesday at Pinehurst No. SAN FRANCISCO -- Jhonny Peralta knew he hit it well. He didnt know how well until the ball landed in the seats. Peraltas two-run homer produced the first runs scored by St. Louis in its first at-bat since June 18, a span of 14 games, leading the Cardinals past the reeling San Francisco Giants 7-2 on Thursday. "Id heard from the guys that you need to hit it hard to get it out here," Peralta said. Carlos Martinez (2-3) earned his second win as a starter and added a two-run single for the Cardinals, who won their second straight after losing three in a row. Martinez allowed a run and five hits in five innings. He walked one and struck out six. "Weve had our struggles at the plate," Peralta said. "It was good to start it off in the first inning." Madison Bumgarner (9-6) fell to 0-3 over his past four home starts after allowing five runs -- four earned -- and six hits over five innings. He walked three and struck out six. Bumgarner also drove in a run for the Giants, who have lost 17 of 22 and fell out of first place in the NL West. "You always want to play at home and I havent pitched very good here all year," Bumgarner said. "I dont know what it is. You cant give in, you have to keep grinding." Help could be on the way. The Giants optioned first baseman Adam Duvall to Triple-A Fresno after the game in anticipation of recalling Brandon Belt in time for Fridays game in San Diego. "Hes somebody we like having out there," Bumgarner said. "Its not going to do anything but help us." Angel Pagan may return to the Giants lineup early next week, giving them some semblance of order at the top of the lineup. Matt Carpenter continued ripping Giants pitching, extending his hitting streak against them to 11 games with a 2-for-4 effort. He has a .519 (28 for 54) career average against the Giants and has hit safely in 18 of his 20 games, including the post-season, against them. "Its one of those crazy things," Carpenter said. "Luck has been on my side so far I guess." YYadier Molina added three hits and Oscar Tavares, John Jay and Shane Robinson each drove in a run for the Cardinals. http:///...-man-utd-jersey.html. Peraltas first-inning home run, after Carpenter drew a walk, put St. Louis ahead to stay. "I was able to work the walk and Jhonny hit the home run," Carpenter said. "That kind of set the tone and we found a way to pile it on." Bumgarner drove in a run for the Giants in the third, but then gave up three runs in the fourth -- two on a single from Martinez. Robinson, pinch hitting for Martinez in the sixth, tripled home a run. Tavares added an RBI in the seventh. The Giants loaded the bases with two outs in the fifth, but Martinez got Buster Posey on a swinging strike three to end the threat. In the sixth, Tyler Colvin walked, Adam Duvall singled and Brandon Crawford punched a single into right field. An error allowed Colvin to score. Sam Freeman, Seth Maness and Jason Motte combined to keep the Giants at bay. NOTES: Giants INF Joe Panik batted second, where he hit for Triple-A Fresno, as manager Bruce Bochy tweaked the lineup. "He has some sense of comfort there," Bochy said. ... OF Hunter Pence hit lead off and OF Gregor Blanco was dropped to eighth. ... INF Marco Scutaro continues to make progress and if hes fine after playing for the second straight day for the Arizona Rookie League Giants, he could be elevated to Fresno by Sunday. . RHP Matt Cain (1-6, 4.38) pitches for the Giants when they open a three-game series at San Diego on Friday. Hes 7-13 lifetime against the Padres. ... RHP Lance Lynn (8-6, 3.38) pitches for the Cardinals when they open a three-game set with the Miami Marlins in St. Louis. Hes 2-0 with a 5.79 ERA against the Marlins. ... Cardinals OF Allen Craig was given a day off. He was hitting .176 on the road trip. ... Cardinals RHP Joe Kelly will make two more rehab starts and return after the All-Star Break. . 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh met with Cardinals manager Mike Matheny after the game. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this