ke them, I thought that relaxed Kentucky a little bit," NKU c | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 21 '16
Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork. Paris Saint Germain Boutique Officiel .com) - Matt Read and Sean Couturier picked up a goal and assist each to stoke Philadelphias 4-1 victory over New Jersey on Thursday. Wayne Simmonds and Jakub Voracek also lit the lamp for the Flyers, who kicked off their final homestand of calendar year 2014 with their second win in three outings. Claude Giroux and Mark Streit chipped in a pair of assists to back a 17-save effort by Ray Emery. Philadelphia continues its residency on Saturday afternoon by welcoming Carolina. Martin Havlat provided the sole offense for the Devils, who have lost eight of their last 10 overall. Cory Schneider surrendered three goals on 35 shots in defeat. Schneider flashed the right pad to deny a Simmonds one-timer from the right wing with 7 1/2 minutes played in the third period... The hosts received the final break in the contest, as Michael Raffl was pulled down from behind by Mike Cammalleri with 4:55 left in regulation and the hosts cashed in as Simmonds screened Schneider and managed to flip home a Streit rebound 39 seconds later. Voracek hit the empty net with 2 1/2 minutes remaining, shortly after Schneider was removed. Despite committing the games second infraction, the Flyers picked up the games first goal while shorthanded. Read was tripped up at the blue line tracking a puck that eluded Devils defenseman Marek Zidlicky, got up, skated up the right wing and dished across for a one-timer from Couturier from the left side at 6:12 of the first period. Couturier and Read teamed up again with the former feeding the latter from the left-wing boards to the right side of the crease for an easy tap-in at 13:37. Emery slid across to stop a Steve Bernier breakaway backhander in the first three minutes of the second, but couldnt catch up to Havlats deflection of a Scott Gomez offering on a power play with 6:58 remaining in the second period. Game Notes Read snapped a seven-game goal drought ... The Flyers recorded a power-play goal for the sixth straight game, the longest current streak in the NHL ... New Jersey had won a franchise (KC/COL/NJ) record four in a row in Philadelphia and seven of nine (7-1-1) since January of 2011 ... Cammalleri returned to action after missing two games, while Dainius Zubrus missed his second contest due to a leg laceration ... Prior to the contest, the Devils placed forward Damian Brunner on waivers. http://www.boutiquepsgmaillot.fr/blaise-matuidi-maillot-psg.html .J. -- Ed Reed is unsure what his football future holds. Thiago Silva Psg 2016 .com) - The Winnipeg Jets will try to continue to take advantage of home ice when they host the struggling San Jose Sharks tonight at the MTS Centre.LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Most impressive about Julius Randles latest double-double was that the Kentucky freshman forward achieved it by halftime. Yes, the top-ranked Wildcats had it that easy on Sunday against Northern Kentucky. Randle had 22 points and 14 rebounds to lead a 93-63 blowout of the Norse. Two days after the 6-foot-9, 250-pound forward debuted with 23 points and was credited on Sunday with 16 rebounds upon review, he had 11 points and 10 rebounds in the first half for the Wildcats (2-0). Randle added 11 points and four rebounds before heading to the bench after playing 29 productive minutes against the overmatched Norse (0-2) -- with room for improvement in his mind. "Im still missing some opportunities," said Randle, who made 10 of 14 free throws. "(There were) a lot of balls I didnt come up with. I just have to learn from it and improve." Guard Aaron Harrison added 16 points for Kentucky while twin brother Andrew had 13. Alex Poythress contributed nine points while 7-footer Willie Cauley-Stein added seven points and 11 rebounds. Needing a good tuneup with Tuesdays showdown looming against No. 2 Michigan State in Chicago, the Wildcats much-heralded freshmen responded by dominating every area. Kentucky shot 30 of 55 from the field (54.5 per cent), outrebounded NKU 51-23 and scored 36 points in the paint. "I thought we played through possessions better," coach John Calipari said. "I thought we got to the second and third drive for the first time. Again, its not their fault because its something that we really zeroed in on yesterday... "Today, we rebounded much better." Daniel Camps 13 points led Northern Kentucky in the first meeting between the schools located 83 miles apart. Tyler White added 12 points and Todd Johnson had 10 for the Norse. The Wildcats were seeking a better start than in Friday nights 89-57, season-opening rout of UNC-Asheville, the first of three games in five days. Kentuckys freshmen had a rough first half in that game and led by just 10 points at halftime before taking control offensively with their athleticism that left UNC-Asheville no choice but to foul; Randle had no problem with that, making 11 of 13 from thhe line en route to 23 points and a double-double. Paris Saint Germain Boutique. Calipari took a mostly positive approach considering it was the first game together for his lauded group of rookies, but he noted a lot of blemishes. For example, his teams lack of defensive effort was something he stressed needed improvement -- more against Northern Kentucky before looking ahead to Michigan State. Calipari couldnt complain after Kentucky held NKU to 9-of-31 shooting in the first half on Sunday, though much of that had more to do with the Norses understandable reluctance to try and drive inside against the bigger Wildcats. That left NKU to try and make things up from beyond the arc, a strategy that yielded just 3-of-18 shooting (16.7 per cent) and played right into Kentuckys hands in numerous ways. The Wildcats tallied just four fast-break points in the first half but had 16 second-chance points thanks to 12 offensive rebounds. They dominated the boards 29-12 through 20 minutes. "We pushed the ball hard and Aaron was attacking very well," Andrew Harrison said. "He got to the line and made some shots. I made some shots. Everybody played good. We were playing together." Figure in 5-of-13 shooting from long range (38 per cent) and it quickly added to the expected lopsided outcome. Leading 16-10 after Poythress 3-pointer, the Wildcats closed the half with a 32-12 run for a 48-22 lead. Just two nights after losing its opener 77-76 at Purdue in the final seconds, the Norse endured a rude chapter in their second season playing Division I basketball. And that was just the first half. They finished 21 of 64 from the field (32.8 per cent) including 9 of 35 from beyond the arc. "I may be crazy to say this, but when we had two or three wide-open layups in the first couple of minutes and didnt make them, I thought that relaxed Kentucky a little bit," NKU coach Dave Bezold said of his teams shooting. "When you dont make those shots against tremendous teams when you are outsized and really out-talented, its really difficult to control tempo and it really allows those guys to be relaxed when they shoot the basketball. ... I thought that was the difference in the game." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors
Jobs from Indeed

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this