Forward Charles Hudon was helped off with what | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 25 '16
MILAN, Italy -- AC Milan fought back from two goals down but lost 4-2 at home to Parma after playing almost the entire Serie A match with 10 men on Sunday. Yellow Andrew McCutchen Jersey . Former Milan striker Antonio Cassano scored a brace, including a penalty after Rossoneri goalkeeper Christian Abbiati was sent off in the fifth minute for bringing down Ezequiel Schelotto. Adil Ramis header and a penalty from Mario Balotelli saw Milan pull level but Amauri and Jonathan Biabiany secured the win for Parma. It was the second successive match Milan has conceded four goals after its hefty Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid. There were protests outside San Siro before and after the match, while Balotelli was booed almost every time he touched the ball. Balotelli was among a delegation from Milan which held a brief meeting with the ultras after the match. Milan coach Clarence Seedorf -- who was shown support during the match by the fans -- was also present. "They are always delicate situations," Seedorf said. "It was a peaceful meeting between people who have this shirt and this club in their hearts. We all want the best for this club in a period where things arent going well. "The meeting was very peaceful. There were also postive aspects because everyone has a great respect for this shirt. After (the 1-0 home defeat to) Atletico, the fans applauded the squad and the performance, we also need the results." Parma provisionally moved into fifth spot, two points ahead of Fiorentina which hosts Chievo Verona later. Serie A leader Juventus also plays this evening, at Genoa. Elsewhere, bottom club Sassuolo beat 19th-place Catania 3-1 and nine-man Livorno beat Bologna 2-1 in tense relegation battles. Bologna has replaced Livorno in the bottom three. Lazio won 2-0 at Catania while earlier Atalanta eased to a 3-0 win over Sampdoria. Milan got off to bad start when Abbiati came rushing out of his area and clattered into Schelotto. He was shown a straight red card and substitute goalkeeper Marco Amelias first task was to pick the ball out of the back of the net following Cassanos penalty. Balotelli almost levelled 10 minutes later but he sidefooted a corner off the base of the right post. Cassano doubled his tally five minutes into the second half as he was left in acres of space to control Afriyie Acquahs cross and fire home. Milan pulled one back shortly before the hour when substitute Rami got between two defenders to head in Kakas cross three minutes after coming off the bench. And Milan was surprisingly level in the 75th minute after Joel Obi was harshly judged to have brought down Riccardo Montolivo in the area and Balotelli converted the resulting penalty. However, Amauri backeeled Schelottos cross in moments later and Biabiany headed in seconds before the final whistle to ensure Parma extended its club record unbeaten run to 16 matches. Lazio remained five points behind Parma after its win at 10-man Cagliari. Lazio took the lead in the 19th minute as Miroslav Klose flicked on for Senad Lulic to race through one-on-one with the goalkeeper and fire past Vlada Avramov. Cagliari should have levelled in the 68th after Alvaro Gonzalez fouled Matias Vecino in the area but Mauricio Pinilla drove his penalty wide of the right post. Lazio sealed the match seconds later when Keita Balde drove Kloses through-ball into the bottom right corner. Cagliari captain Daniele Conti was then sent off for an elbow on Lucas Biglia. At the other end of the table, Sassuolo picked up its first win in nine matches. Catania, which had earlier hit the post, went in front on the half hour as Gonzalo Bergessio beat the offside trap and placed an angled drive into the far corner. Halftime substitute Simone Zaza levelled for Sassuolo, which took the lead when Simone Missiroli was allowed a free header on a corner. Sassuolo was dominating and Nicola Sansone sealed the match two minutes from time. Sassuolo swapped places with Catania at the foot of the standings and is three points from safety after Livornos win. Marco Benassi and Paulinho scored at the start of the second half but Ibrahima Mbaye was sent off with 10 minutes remaining after a second yellow card for handball. Innocent Emeghara was also dismissed for Livorno following another booking for a foul on Archimede Morleo five minutes from time and Lazaros Christodoulopoulos converted the resulting penalty. Livorno had squandered a two-goal lead to lose 4-2 last weekend, but held on for a vital three points. Willie Stargell Pirates Jersey . Louis.Bochy said before Sundays regular-season finale against San Diego that he felt comfortable with Bumgarner or Jake Peavy on the mound. But given Bumgarners success the last few years, he said I dont think there was any question who you pitch that game. Willie Stargell Jersey . Rishaug also mentions that six or seven other teams are interested in the shut-down defenceman and likely wants a four to five year deal. As of right now, the Toronto Maple Leafs are not among the teams set to meet with the Fayne camp. MALMO, Sweden -- Nothing is easy for this Canadian team at the world junior championships. Jonathan Drouin redeemed himself after a bad penalty on his first shift by scoring the tying goal and Nic Petan rediscovered his scoring touch in time to get the game-winner and an empty-netter as Canada used a three-goal third period to down Slovakia 5-3 on Monday. The win left Canada (2-0-1) two points behind the United States (3-0-0) heading into a showdown for first place in the last preliminary round game for both squads on Tuesday. Canadas next game is New Years Eve at 11am et/8am pt on TSN, in a showdown against the U.S. with first place in Group A on the line. Theyll need a regulation win to overtake the defending champion Americans, who eliminated Canada in the semifinals with a 5-1 win at last years world juniors in Ufa, Russia Mondays game was the best played and most rousing of the three games Canada has played in Malmo, and it certainly brought the mostly Canadian crowd of 2,558 at the Isstadion to their feet as Canada bounced back from penalty trouble and 3-1 second-period deficit to win. "We regrouped, we found a way," said Canada coach Brent Suter. "In the third, I thought we dominated. "We got a break when they hit the post after we got the lead, but the third was maybe the best period weve played in the tournament so far." Zach Fucale made 19 saves for the win in his first start of the tournament and Sutter said the Halifax Mooseheads goalie will be in net again against the Americans. And Anthony Mantha, the runaway scoring leader in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, had a goal and three assists to give him nine points in three games. Not bad for a big winger who was not certain to make the team out of camp three weeks ago. "I came to camp and I wanted to make my place, and once I did that, I wanted to show I could play great hockey over here and thats what Im doing now," the Detroit Red Wings prospect said. "Anthony was huge," added Sutter. Curtis Lazar also scored for Canada. David Griger, with two, and Martin Reway scored for Slovakia (1-2-0), which can clinch third place with a win Tuesday over the Czech Republic. Drouin tied the game at 14:02 of the third period after Mantha beat 16-year-old Erik Cernak behind the Slovak goal and fed it in front. Canada was on a power play when Petan walked out from the right side and threaded a goal through traffic for the winner. Canada had to battle back against a Slovak side playing a tight trap and leaning on the power play with the highly skilled unit of Reway, Griger and Milan Kolena for goals. For the third straight game Canada gave up the first goal, this time after Drouin got a minor and a misconduct for a hit to the head only 10 seconds in. Griger took Jakub Predajnianskys shot off the end boards and scored into an open side past Fucale. Drouin did not see the ice again until Canadas power play at 16:49, but it was Lazar who scored oon a one-timer of Manthas pass after extended pressure in the Slovak zone at 18:20. Yellow Starling Marte Jersey. "It wasnt the start we wanted," said Drouin, the Mooseheads star who was picked third overall by Tampa bay last June. "They scored on the power play I got and Brent let me know between periods. "I needed to step up in the second and third periods. I put the team down a bit so I had to step up my game. I was going for a normal hit and he moved a bit so I caught him in the face. Its my bad play." The crowd howled at what they felt was Slovak diving that led to a pair of two-man advantages, both of which produced goals in the second frame. The first saw Gatineau Olympiques forward Reway score his fourth of the tournament with a quick shot from a Kolena feed, and then Griger get his second of the game into an open side from Reways pass. Canada got a big one back as Mantha camped on the doorstep and banged in an Aaron Ekblad rebound at 17:00 to get momentum rolling for the third. It was a breakout game for Petan and Lazar, who have struggled on attack. "Me and Curt were talking about our bad luck a bit," said Petan. "But its nice to break through. "It should be good for (Tuesday). Im just looking forward to playing a good offensive and defensive game." It was also a boost for Fucale, who had been the backup since the first of Canadas three pre-tournament games but who looks to have won the starting job back from Jake Paterson. The Laval, Que., native looked jittery early on, but made two key saves in the middle period with Slovakia already leading by two goals. "It was good for me and the team to get that," he sad. "When its 3-1, a lot can happen and 4-1 could be a big difference. "It was a tough start -- a little nervous -- but as the game went on I felt better and better. I just wanted to be there for the team and I think that in the end I accomplished that." Canada versus the Americans on New Years Eve is almost a tradition. It will be their fourth Dec. 31 meeting in the last six years. Canada has won the last three, by 7-4 in 2009 in Ottawa, 5-4 in 2010 in Saskatoon and 3-2 in 2012 in Edmonton. Drouin hopes to make up for last years defeat. "Were the underdogs here," he said. "They won last year and theyre 3-0. We need a good start and to play our own game and not watch them play. It was a hard loss for me and the team last year. This time I just want to make sure we dont lose again to the Americans." Notes: Canada is 8-0-1 against Slovakia all-time at the world juniors. ... Forward Charles Hudon was helped off with what looked like a shoulder problem 13 seconds into the third period after a hit into the end boards, but returned later in the period. Sutter said he is not injured. ... Canada will have defenceman Griffin Reinhart back against the Americans after serving the last of his four-game suspension incurred at last years world juniors. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this