e with clubs that we do feel like we have | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 21 '16
MAMMOTH LAKES, Calif. Mens Nike Air Max 90 Clearance . -- Shaun White is ready to three-peat. The two-time Olympic halfpipe champion locked up a spot on the U.S. Olympic team in his signature event by winning the final qualifier on Sunday. White posted a score of 96.6 to edge Danny Davis by 1.6 points. Ben Ferguson finished third. White, Taylor Gold and 2010 Olympian Greg Bretz earned automatic berths on the four-man team. The full U.S. squad will be named later Sunday evening. White qualified for Sochi in slopestyle on Thursday. The event is making its Olympic debut. Kaitlyn Farrington posted a 91.4 to win the womens competition, ending 2002 gold medallist Kelly Clarks four-event winning streak. Clark finished second and has already earned a spot on the U.S. womens halfpipe team. Two-time Olympic medallist Hannah Teter was third. http:///...ax-90-grey-pink.html . - Kyle Buschs bid for a tripleheader sweep at Dover ended with a wreck in Sundays Sprint Cup race. http:///...-superstars-red.html .com) - The Carolina Hurricanes placed defenceman Justin Faulk on injured reserve and recalled defenseman Ryan Murphy from the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL) on Thursday.BALTIMORE - As the Blue Jays wind down what has been, arguably, the most disappointing season in the franchises 37-year history, general manager Alex Anthopoulos addressed the performance, and the future, of the player who has come to epitomize fans disappointment. That player is the catcher J.P. Arencibia. "Offensively has probably been the one area that Im surprised by," said Anthopoulos. "One thing you felt confident was J.P. would be a .700 to .720 OPS guy with some upside to do better than that. Hes always had the ability, hes got power to the opposite field. Hes shown the ability to use all fields and you felt that was probably going to be what the floor was for him. Didnt expect it to go the other way." Its gone the other way, considerably. Arencibia is on pace for the worst-ever offensive season by a Blue Jay with more than 450 plate appearances. His slash line of .194/.229/.365 entering Wednesdays play represents an OPS of .594, a frighteningly low statistic for a player who prides himself on being a run producer and whose 21 home runs are the most hit by any catcher in baseball this season. After hitting eight home runs and driving in 16 runs in April, Arencibia has just 13 homers and 38 RBI since. Since the All-Star break, the catcher has just 23 hits, nine for extra bases. In his last 20 games, Arencibia is just 4-61. Piling on? Thats in the eye of the beholder. The numbers dont lie. "I think hes gotten in a funk," said Anthopoulos. "If you look at the numbers, hes been better than this, obviously, his first two years in the league. There are certain things that you would expect, regardless. The average has always been in the mid to low .200s, definitely not below .200. The power has always been there and hes not a guy thats going to walk much. The OPS, Im expecting it to be .700 to .720, .730 and now being below .600 or, I havent looked in a last little bit. Its just out of character." Arencibia has played through pain in his left knee – attributed to bursitis. Hes lauded for his willingness to log considerable playing time at the games most demanding position. "There was a time when he almost went on the DL but he didnt," said Anthopoulos. "We all know the one thing about him is hes tough. A very durable guy, I know he had the injury last year but hes durable, he plays through a lot of injuries, a lot of pain. Hes never come to us and said that he doesnt … He wants to be in that lineup everyday." Still, the organization knows it must get more production from the catchers spot and defensively, while Arencibia has worked hard to get on the same page with Mark Buerhle, it took both men almost two months to become comfortable with each other. Anthopoulos says its difficult to assess a catchers game calling, due to the number of times a pitcher will shake off signs. He says hes generally pleased with Arencibias pitch framing. "I think it all comes with the territory," said Anthopoulos of the criticism of Arencibias defence. "One, when the team isnt playing well and then, offensively, I think the more you struggle offensively, the more people will lookk at the other parts of your game. Nike Air Max 90 Red And White. " It appears, at the moment, the club will be all in – or all out – with Arencibia. If Arencibia is back with the Blue Jays in 2014, hell be the starter. Dont expect Anthopoulos to take the platoon route by delving into the market for a veteran catcher who can split the duties. If he signs someone – or trades for someone – Arencibias days in Toronto are likely done. Meantime, A.J. Jimenez, the Jays top catching prospect whos considered a strong defensive player, likely wont begin next season in the big leagues. Hes had only 30 Triple-A at bats and missed most of 2012 and the start of 2013 after undergoing Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery. Jimenez finished this season with more arm trouble. "I think I can say this for the entire team: Were going to look to improve anywhere we can," said Anthopoulos. "Thats not to single anybody out. Its all about alternatives." Johnson not healthy Josh Johnson, on the disabled list since August 7 with whats officially listed as a forearm injury, continues to have good days and bad days. He continues to experience pain in his forearm and elbow area while playing catch. Johnson has yet to throw off a mound since going on the disabled list. "Were going to give it as much time as we can and just gather all the information," said Anthopoulos. "I would figure some point in October, well obviously have more information at that time and whatever we do decide or whatever information we have once we have all the information and so on, then well divulge that." Johnson underwent Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery in 2007. Club options Casey Janssen ($4 million;) Adam Lind ($7 million, $2 million buyout;) and Mark DeRosa ($750,000, $250,000 buyout) each have options for the 2014 season. "Anyone that has an option that has had a good year is a very strong likelihood of that option being exercised," said Anthopoulos. So, did Adam Lind have a good season? "Yes," said Anthopoulos. "Obviously, hes given us 22 home runs or whatever its been. I think the numbers overall, I think hes had a good year. Hes hit for more average than he has in the past and had really good at-bats." How about DeRosa? "Yes, I think so, too," said Anthopoulos. "I think, Mark, for what we brought him in for, what the role was going to be, I think hes played well. Offensively, hes had a better year than he did last year and hes been everything and more we expected from a clubhouse standpoint." Bullpen trade chips The Blue Jays have plenty of power arms in the bullpen and maybe enough that one, or more, could be used as a trade chip in the off-season. "Thatll be part of the dialogue we have with clubs that we do feel like we have some depth in the bullpen," said Anthopoulos. "You always want to be careful that you dont make what we perceive to be a strength, a weakness. Because of that depth, we would be open-minded if a deal presented itself to strengthen another part of the club to move a reliever or two." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors
Jobs from Indeed

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this