e can fight by next summer then Hendricks shou | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 22 '16
(SportsNetwork. http:///...quipe-de-france.html .com) - Eastern Washington and Oregon are scheduled to open the 2015 season against each other. It would be ironic if Vernon Adams Jr. is the starting quarterback for Oregon instead of Eastern Washington, where he has been the highest-profile player in the FCS in recent seasons. According to a media report Wednesday, Adams will visit the University of Oregon this weekend, most likely to consider a transfer to the Pac-12 school. Oregon is in the market for a new starting quarterback, looking to replace Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota. Adams, a redshirt junior, is on schedule to graduate from Eastern Washington this spring and would be eligible immediately as a senior under the NCAAs graduate student transfer-exception rule. Oregonian reporter Jen Beyrle said via Twitter Wednesday that sources indicate Adams will make the visit to Eugene. The DuckTerritory page of 247sports.com also said sources confirm the visit. Adams, from Pasadena, California, has been named the Big Sky Conferences offensive player of the year and Walter Payton Award runner-up as FCS player of the year in each of the past two seasons. During that time, he has accounted for a combined 9,367 total yards (8,477 passing, 890 rushing) and 100 touchdowns (90 passing, 10 rushing) in 25 games. He has posted huge games against two of Oregons fellow Pac-12 schools, Oregon State and Washington. He accounted for 519 yards of offense and six total touchdowns in a 49-46 win over Oregon State to open the 2013 campaign, and passed for 475 yards and a school-record seven touchdowns in a 59-52 loss to Washington this past September. A transfer to Oregon could boost Adams NFL Draft status in 2016. He and his girlfriend Cheyenne Merritt have a seven-month-old son, Vernon Cash Adams III. Hes my motivation, Adams told The Sports Network in December. Now I really want to try to make it to the NFL or the CFL or be a coach at a Division I school so I can provide for my family and make sure he has everything I didnt have growing up. Since 2012, Eastern Washington has 34 victories, which represent the best three-year stretch of success in program history. Prior to that stretch, however, the Eagles won the 2010 FCS national title. Oregon is expected to have a battle among quarterbacks during spring practice, with Jeff Locke considered to be the front-runner entering the competition. The dual-threat style of the 6-foot, 190-pound Adams would appear to be a strong fit for the Ducks spread attack. Adams could not participate in Oregons spring practice even if he decides to transfer there. http://www.maillotfrancefoot.fr/maillot-blank-equipe-de-france.html . They are the two best not because of any perimeter player but due to the offensive line of scrimmage players, the lineman. http:///...quipe-de-france.html . - Logan Couture made sure the San Jose Sharks did the scoring in the third period for a change.TSN.cas MMA staff including James Lynch – TSN.ca (@lynchonsports), John Pollock – TSN Radio 1050 (@iamjohnpollock) and Jordan Cieciwa – TSN Radio 1290 (@FitCityJordan), take a look at some of the hottest issues in mixed martial arts. With Jordan away in Thailand this week, fellow TSN 1290 “Weigh-In” co-host “Big” Marv Timog fills in. 1) How did you score the Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks fight at UFC 167? James Lynch – TSN.ca (@lynchonsports) I was extremely vocal on Twitter after the scorecards were announced at UFC 167 when in fact Georges St-Pierre had taken home the split decision. I actually tweeted the words “Huge Robbery” and now I regret making that statement, although to be fair I was running on dose of pure emotion. It wasnt a robbery, but it wasnt the right decision. If you want an example of a fight that was a “robbery” look at Phil Davis victory over Lyoto Machida at UFC 163 earlier this year. Even after re-watching this fight, I still scored the first round for Hendricks, which seems to be the round that pundits have been debating the last 48-hours. While St-Pierre did secure the early takedown, I thought with Hendricks landing more shots throughout the remainder of the round earned him the nod. To clarify, I gave rounds 1, 2 and 4 to Hendricks and GSP rounds 3 and 5. Im not alone either, 13 other media members scored the fight for Hendricks over at MMADecisions.com including our own John Pollock.   Big Marv” Timog – Co-host TSN 1290s “The Weigh-In” (@BIGMARV204) Count me as one of the people shocked to see GSPs hand raised at the end of their fight. I had to re-watch the fight to figure out how bad the decision was. GSP clearly wins rounds 3 and 5, while “Bigg Rigg” clearly wins rounds 2 and 4. That leaves us with round 1, which is the round to watch and determine who truly won. It was a close round, I can now see how some would score it for GSP, but I had it for Hendricks. Overall, I give the fight to Johny Hendricks, although I think it was closer than I had originally thought. A bit off topic, but I also hate when people use the amount of damage to the face as a way to judge a fight. John Pollock – Host TSN 1050s “The MMA Report” (@iamjohnpollock) I scored the fight 48-47 for Johny Hendricks on first viewing, re-watched the first round the following day and still feel Hendricks landed the most effective shots during the opening round. For me the key was the short uppercuts Hendricks connected with while St-Pierre went for his single and then put Hendricks up against the cage and absorbed the elbows clean to the side of his head. Each had a takedown and neither was able to do anything with the other when they took them down. It was a close round but I was confident Hendricks won the first round. 2) How should Dana White handle St-Pierres extended leave from the promotion? Lynch Honestly with everything St-Pierre has done for the promotion, Dana should give GSP some time and space to let him decide for himself in the coming months. Neither fighter will be back in action at least for another six months anyways due to injuries. In addition, we should also see who wins the upcoming fight next month between Carlos Condit and Matt Brown and where Robbie Lawler fits into the title piicture. http:///...quipe-de-france.html. If bantamweight champion Dominck Cruz can be out with an injury and remain champion for close to two years, then the promotion can give St-Pierre the same leeway. Even if St-Pierre hasnt made up his mind on if hes retiring for good, no harm in creating an interim belt during his vacancy. That, by the way, should not be decided today or this week. Consider that St-Pierres UFC debut was back in January of 2004 and has remained champion since 2008, he deserves more respect. Big Marv Dana White needs to get a definitive answer from the welterweight champion. If Georges St-Pierre is retiring he needs to make it clear. Should he step away for a while, he needs to provide a timeline and if its a year or longer off, then the title should be vacated. GSP has to know he cant hold the division hostage while he sorts through his issues. Pollock It all depends on St-Pierre and where his head is at and what his time table is for fighting again. If St-Pierre needs a mini-vacation and can fight in the summer then all is fine and Hendricks could even wait for the rematch. If St-Pierre is leaving for an indefinite period of time, you have to start looking at an interim title situation, which no one is a fan of. White is very confident St-Pierre isnt leaving for a prolonged period of time, but until we know what the issues are and how St-Pierre plans to tackle them, were just throwing darts in the dark in terms of a remedy scenario. 3) Whats next for Johny Hendricks? Lynch Once Dana White gets an indication of how long GSP will be out, then we can determine whats next for Hendricks. I really think even if its close to a year from now, well see the Hendricks vs. St-Pierre rematch in a neutral location (not Vegas, Texas, Montreal or Toronto). If St-Pierre intends to be out longer than that and Matt Brown defeats Carlos Condit, then you see Hendricks vs. Brown for the interim (or perhaps vacant) welterweight title. However if Condit defeats Brown at UFC on FOX 9, then perhaps you see Robbie Lawler (who defeated Rory MacDonald this past Saturday) as the next potential contender. Im of the belief that prior to Saturdays encounter at UFC 167, St-Pierre fully planned to retire had he dominated Hendricks like he expected to. Because it was a much closer fight, he didnt fully commit to retirement because he wanted to leave the door open. If St-Pierre decided to retire today, vacate the title, Id be content with that because hes done enough for the sport. Big Marv Johny Hendricks gets the next title shot, period. Its the right thing to do. To appease the fans alone, you need to make this happen. Should it be a rematch against GSP? Absolutely, but, I cant be the only one who thinks forcing an unmotivated GSP into another Hendricks fight is a good thing. I say vacate the championship, and Hendricks takes on the winner of Matt Brown and Carlos Condit. And yes I say “vacate” not “interim” Pollock Like the last question its dependent on St-Pierre. If he can fight by next summer then Hendricks should wait and get an immediate rematch. If not, he has a number of options from Robbie Lawler to the winner of Matt Brown / Carlos Condit (though Condit makes little sense for him to fight again other than staying busy). My instinct suggests the rematch with St-Pierre will be his next fight. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this