Barret Jackman was minus-5 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 8 '16
Monday marks the beginning of the end of the gold medal quest for the Canadian mens and womens curling teams. Cheap Jerseys . The rinks of Brad Jacobs and Jennifer Jones ran the gauntlet known as the Canadian curling trials, and emerged have in Sochi with the gold-medal expectations that follow every Canadian squad. The men take on Germany at 12 a.m. ET on Monday while the women face China at 5 a.m. For Jacobss Sault Ste. Marie, Ont. rink, they are tasked with completing a golden three-peat in mens curling. Meanwhile, Jones and her Winnipeg foursome are looking for Canadas first gold medal in the womens event since the late Sandra Schmirler won in Nagano in 1998. We have several features to help get you up to speed on what awaits the maple leaf-clad curlers: *Mike Harris, CBC curling commentator and skip of the Canadian Olympic curling team in Nagano, outlines which skips stand in Canadas path here. *The CBCs Colleen Jones is on the ground in Sochi and describes the mindset of both skips here. *Get to know the two Canadian teams and some interesting facts about each member in our photogallery here. *A camera crew caught up with Jacobs in his hometown for an installment of "My Team, My Town," which you can watch here. *For those of you that wonder what in the world curlers are yelling to one another, we have a handy glossary of curling terms in our Sochi Cheat Sheet right here. *And you can find the standings and full schedule of action for the womens teams right here, and the mens teams here. NFL Jerseys China Cheap .com) - The Vancouver Canucks hope an upcoming stretch of home games will be enough to get the club into the postseason. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . -- EJ Manuel followed the worst game of his career with the best.ST. LOUIS -- Ryan Miller was supposed to be the piece the St. Louis Blues needed to make a deep playoff run and perhaps at long last win a first Stanley Cup. The highly-decorated goalie was among those falling fall short for a franchise smarting from another early exit, and he might not be back. The team scheduled availabilities for general manager Doug Armstrong, coach Ken Hitchcock and players for Tuesday. Hitchcock deflected questions about the 34-year-old Miller, wholl be an unrestricted free agent, after the Blues were eliminated Sunday in Chicago. The Blues could opt to go with prospect Jake Allen, called the franchise goalie of the future by Armstrong when the Miller deal was made. "I dont get into long-term stuff. Thats Dougs department," Hitchcock said. "He played good for us. Im sure theres some goals that hed like to have back, just like any goalie would. We win as a team and lose as a team." Asked how he played, Miller said: "Im going to sit down and think about that. Not good enough, I guess." The Blues were among the NHLs best before a six-game losing streak to end the regular season landed them with a tougher first-round draw. For the second straight year they were knocked out in four straight by the defending Stanley Cup champion after taking a 2-0 series lead. Last season, it was the Kings. This time, it was Chicago. It was small consolation that before the Blackhawks four-goal third period in Game 6, the difference was razor-thin. The first five games were decided by one goal, discounting an empty-netter by the Blackhawks in the final minute of Game 3. "Youve got to bring your game every night, every shift, every period," captain David Backes said Sunday. "I sound like a broken record here. Finding ways to win those close games, they did and we didnt." Miller was acquired from Buffalo on Feb. 28 along with forward Steve Ott in a deal that cost the Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak, forward Chris Stewart and a fiirst-round pick in 2015. NFL Jerseys China. He made $6.25 million last season. "Ive just got to take things as they come right now," he said, adding, "I guess Im free to go to my sister-in-laws wedding." Miller would like to stay, but acknowledged he wasnt sure how the Blues "feel about me." He had a 2.70 goals-against average and .897 save percentage in the series. Hitchcock wasnt pinning the teams failure on the goalie. He noted the Blackhawks split the defence on the go-ahead goal and the Blues surrendered a breakaway on the third goal, which he called "a back-breaker." Just as important, they couldnt capitalize on scoring chances. St. Louis was 2 for 29 on the power play in the series. "Ill take more than my share of the blame," Backes said. "Im counted on to produce and I didnt produce. Ill think about that a lot this summer and drive the engine going into next year." Injuries factored into the early exit. Backes missed two games with stiffness in his neck after an illegal hit by Brent Seabrook, who was suspended for three games. T.J Oshie also wasnt quite himself coming off a blow to the head late in the regular season and Patrik Berglund was no factor coming off a shoulder injury, scoreless and minus-7 in four games. Vladimir Tarasenko was a breakout star early in the series and had four goals, one of them forcing overtime with 6.4 seconds to go in Game 3. But he was scoreless the last two games. The Blues defence got burned on an ill-timed change in the pivotal Game 5, leading to Jonathan Toews overtime winner. Barret Jackman was minus-5, Jaden Schwartz minus-4. Backes, Oshie, Ott and Roman Polak were all minus-3. "We all need to look in the mirror and assess how we did and we didnt do, and take that gut check," Backes said. "No offence to you guys," he added to reporters, "but these interviews are getting a little sickening to have in April and not in June." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors
Jobs from Indeed

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this