alling on his back in celebration after Sousa sent a forehand into th | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Forum
zhaoqi123
zhaoqi123 Jul 26 '16
This time of year I usually create a New Years wish list for Canadian soccer – what Id like to see happen within the game over the next twelve months. Swingman Sean Elliott Jersey . However, this year youll have to wait a little while longer. The Canadian Soccer Association is planning to unveil its brand new 2014-2018 strategic plan sometime in January 2014. If that document contains what Ive heard it contains, many of my wishes for Canadian soccer are about to become reality. Renewed investment in technical leadership? Check. Increased investment in coaching development? Check. National training curriculum? Check. Standards-based leagues across the country? Check. Alignment of governance structures? Check. Either I missed Christmas this year, or Santa has decided to pay Canadian soccer an early visit in 2014. Granted, a strategic plan is only a document; words on paper that need to be turned into action. But for the first time in its over one hundred year history, the CSA will have a simple and concise road map that will serve as its compass for the next five years. The process of formulating the strategic plan was a comprehensive one for the CSA. The strategic planning committee, chaired by Dr. Nick Bontis (Twitter: @NickBontis), went to unprecedented lengths to ensure that every angle was covered and that an exhaustive review of all stakeholders was achieved. Another CSA first, the methodology for developing the plan was entirely inclusive. Starting over 14 months ago, they met with John Herdman, coach of our Olympic bronze medal-winning womens team, Tony Fonseca, the national technical director, as well as with the technical directors of all of the provincial associations. They drew on best practices from soccer nations who share characteristics with Canada, as well as from other sports that are achieving success in Canada. They conducted numerous town hall interviews across the country with subject matter experts to ensure that the top strategic priorities were included in the plan. For the first time in CSA history, they also conducted a large-scale quantitative survey – offering the whole Canadian soccer community a chance to have their say on what was important to them. The survey drew an impressive 3000 respondents from coast to coast. The more information the committee gathered, the clearer the picture became. Certain priorities started percolating to the top of the list. Critically important issues like player development, coaching development and the performance of our national teams ranked highly amongst the technical priorities. Increased media coverage, increased corporate sponsorship and more high-quality international matches on domestic soil were some of the top organizational priorities. While increased communication and policy development and implementation were some of the top administrative priorities. The final document promises to be simple and concise – no more than 2,300 words in length - and will contain four strategic pillars: investment in technical leadership, improved national team performance, responsible growth of the game, and professional governance of our sport. Within these categories are 26 strategic elements in total. Some of these elements will be familiar to you: like the continued adoption of LTPD as a developmental framework. Meanwhile, others are truly groundbreaking. If successful, they could drastically alter our ability to improve the game across the country for years to come. Ill have more on this in the weeks ahead, as some of these unique strategic elements require deeper discussion. For now, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year – there are better times ahead for soccer in Canada in 2014! LaMarcus Aldridge Jersey . Hours after Shelly Sterling said she would fight to keep her ownership of the franchise even if her estranged husband cant, the league said that wouldnt be possible. Swingman Danny Green Jersey . On the day Louis van Gaal announced his final 23-man squad for Brazil, the Netherlands coach looked to have picked his strongest side for the match at Feyenoords De Kuip stadium, with the vastly experienced striking partnership of Van Persie and Arjen Robben fed by playmaker Wesley Sneijder.METZ, France - Eighth-seeded David Goffin of Belgium served 10 aces and saved all four break points he faced to claim his second career title with a 6-4, 6-3 win over Joao Sousa of Portugal in the Moselle Open final on Sunday.The 23-year-old Goffin is enjoying a strong finish to his season and has now won 34 of his past 36 matches at all levels. After winning his maiden title on clay in Kitzbuehel, Austria, in August, Goffin has showed his versatility on the indoor hard court of Metz, where he upset top-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the quarterfinals.This is very special because my family was here today. Thats the advantage of playing close to home, Goffin said. Winning my second title feels just as good as the first one.Goffin is now 2-0 against the sixth-seeded Sousa after the Belgian lost only six games when they met in the second round of the U.S. Open.Having started the year outside the top 100, the 45th-ranked Goffin is set to reach a new career high of 35 when the new rankings are published Monday. Swingman Kyle Anderson Jersey. He ended last year down in 113th.Serving strong and varying his double-handed backhand well, Goffin was in control from the start. He won 81 per cent of points behind his first serve and also put Sousa on the back foot with excellent returns that earned him nine break points.I had to play aggressively today, dictate the game, Goffin said. The tactics worked out well and I served well. I was able to focus until the end.Goffin set up three match points with a cross-court backhand passing shot and converted the second, falling on his back in celebration after Sousa sent a forehand into the net.The sixth-seeded Sousa had advanced to the final after saving four match points against Paul-Henri Mathieu in the quarterfinals and rallying past second-seeded Gael Monfils in the semis.Today Im not happy but it has been a beautiful week, said Sousa, who was also looking for his second title after making his breakthrough in Kuala Lumpur last year. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Sponsors

Advertisement

Sponsors

This Page is Sponsored by

Share or Sign In to unlock this!

Please help us sharing this page on facebook to unlock the content.

Google this